We are implementing Covid-19 Protocols for in-person walks, to help everyone be healthy. If you're interested in an in-person walk, please read the protocols here:
Come on a Forest Therapy Walk on your own or with others. We walk in "near nature" -- mostly within the city of Ottawa-Gatineau, in groups of up to 10 people. Pre-registration is required. You don't need a high level of fitness, and some walks are on accessible trails. Once you register, we'll send directions and info on what to bring, how to dress, etc.
Join me for Forest Therapy from a distance:
Free Virtual Walks for Older Adults, sponsored by Bronson Hub and Flo's Seniors.
Every Monday in June, July & August, from 2 - 3:15 pm.
A series of gentle invitations help to awaken your senses and your heart to the healing gifts of Nature and each moment.
We'll connect through Zoom. I'll be in a forest near me and you'll be someplace you choose, either indoors or outside. If you're outside, bring your phone and earbuds. You'll keep one earbud in to listen to me, and leave the other out so you can tune into the place where you are. Staying inside? You might sit in front of a window, have a houseplant or a pet nearby, maybe some stones & shells, etc.
1. Register for a Monday walk by contacting Bronson Hub HERE.
2. Download the Zoom app on your phone if you'll be outdoors for the walk: https://zoom.us/
3. Make sure your phone battery is fully charged.
4. Choose your special place, where you feel comfortable, and arrive before the walk starts. It can be a balcony, a backyard, park, hiking trail, a path by a river or lake. If you'll be indoors, join the Zoom link at 1:45 and before the walks starts I'll share the sights and sounds of the nature spot where I am.
5. Join the Zoom meeting with the link you'll receive after you Register.
New dates will be added regularly; sign up to be notified of upcoming walks. If you have a group of people who'd like to experience a walk together, I'm more than happy to schedule a private walk at a time and place that works for you. See the Private Walks page.