Join an Upcoming Walk or Event
Come on a Forest Therapy Walk on your own or with others. We walk in "near nature" -- mostly within the city of Ottawa-Gatineau, in groups of 8-16 people. Pre-registration is required. You don't need a high level of fitness, and some walks are on accessible trails. Once you register, we'll send directions and info on what to bring, how to dress, etc. ** All in-person walks are cancelled until Covid-19 precautions are officially relaxed and small gatherings are again considered safe.**
Yes we're being told to keep our distance, but Nature invites us to come closer.
Please join me for Forest Therapy From a Distance.
Tues. March 24, 3:30 - 5 pm
Thurs. March 26, 5 - 6:30 pm
Sun. March 29, 12:30 - 2:30 pm
Free or Donate if you wish
Join this virtually-guided walk, wherever you are, and get support to shift from stressed-out to serene, at least for a while.
The walks are carefully designed to help you press the pause button on your churning thoughts and feel your breath carrying away the tension of these days. A series of gentle invitations help to awaken your senses and your heart to the gifts of Nature and each moment.
We'll connect through Zoom. I'll be in a forest near me and you'll be someplace you choose. Bring your phone and earbuds. You'll keep one earbud in to listen to me, and leave the other out so you can tune into the place where you are. Staying inside? You can still be part of it -- sit in front of a window, have a houseplant or a pet nearby, maybe some stones & shells, etc.
Just follow these steps:
1. Register for the walk of your choice through Eventbrite. The walks are free; or you're invited to make a donation which will go to Daybreak Housing and other organizations helping those who are especially vulnerable at this time.
2. Download the Zoom app on your phone: https://zoom.us/
3. Make sure your phone battery is fully charged.
4. Choose your special place, where you feel comfortable, and arrive before the walk starts. It can be a balcony, a backyard, park, hiking trail, a path by a river or lake.
5. Join the Zoom meeting with the link that you will receive after you Register.
New dates will be added regularly; sign up to be notified of upcoming walks. If you have a group of people who'd like to experience a walk together, I'm more than happy to schedule a private walk at a time and place that works for you. See the Private Walks page.